Makhana Kheer Recipe: Kheer is often made on festivals and special occasions. Kheer is also considered to be the best dish for fasting. There are many types of Kheer, but Makhana Kheer is considered to be the best for fasting. It is full of flavor and is liked by most of the people. Makhana kheer is also good for health and for this reason it is one of the most favorite dishes for fasting. With makhana, milk, ghee, saffron, dry fruits, you can prepare it in just 30 minutes. Makhana is a source of healthy protein and it protects against many diseases. Today we are telling you about the easiest recipe to make Makhana Kheer.
Also read: How To Make Bitter Gourd Chutney Beneficial For Diabetic Patients
Ingredients required for Makhana Kheer
200 grams makhana
2 liters of milk
50 grams desi ghee
100 grams raisins
250 grams sugar
10 cashew nuts
5 pinch saffron
4 green cardamoms
Easy Method to Make Makhana Kheer
1. First cut the almonds and cashews into small pieces. Now put the pan on the gas and heat it by adding ghee to it on low flame. When the ghee is hot, add almonds, cashew nuts and makhana to it. Now fry them till they become golden.
2. After this, take out the roasted dry fruits in a vessel and keep them. Now take more than half the dry fruits and grind them in a mixer and make powder. Then put the wok on the gas and heat it by adding milk.
3. When the milk starts boiling well, then add sugar, cardamom powder, saffron and ground dry fruits powder in it. Stir the mixture for a minute and then add the remaining cashews, almonds and makhana.
4. Now let it boil for about 15 minutes. When the makhana becomes completely soft and the whole mixture becomes like cream, then turn off the gas and take it out in a vessel and keep it.
5. Now garnish with some dry fruits and serve. It is tasty in food and full of nutrients.
Also read: Corn Paratha Recipe: Make Tasty and Healthy Corn Paratha in Breakfast
Tags: food, Food Recipe, Lifestyle, Sawan
FIRST PUBLISHED : August 01, 2022, 19:15 IST