So far, about 28 crore people of the country have been registered on the e-shram portal.
Anyone whose age is between 16 to 59 years can be registered in this scheme.
Online registration can be done on e-shram portal.
New Delhi. In order to give financial security to the people working in the unorganized sector, the government had started the e-shram card in the year 2020. So far, about 28 crore people of the country have been registered on the e-shram portal. To take advantage of the scheme, workers in the unorganized sector will have to register by visiting the official website of e-shram at eshram.gov.in. Any Indian citizen working in the unorganized sector, whose age is between 16 and 59 years, can be registered in this scheme.
The category of workers in the unorganized sector includes shopkeeper/salesman/helper, auto driver, driver, puncture maker, shepherd, dairyman, all cattle ranchers, paper hawker, delivery boys of Zomato and Swiggy, delivery boys of Amazon Flipkart, brick kilns Including laborers etc. All these people can get e-shram card made.
Benefits of e-shram card
An unorganized sector worker registered on the e-shram portal gets an accident insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh. This means that if the worker becomes a victim of an accident, then in the event of death or disability, an amount of Rs 2 lakh will be given to him. If the worker is partially handicapped, then he gets an assistance of one lakh rupees.
Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana, National Pension Scheme for self-employed workers, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, Prime Minister’s Security Insurance to unorganized sector workers holding e-labor cards. Scheme, Public Distribution System, Atal Pension Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, National Social Assistance Scheme, Ayushman Bharat, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, Prime Minister’s employment generation schemes also get the benefit.
Documents required for registration
For online registration on the portal, it is necessary to have Aadhar card, PAN card and bank account. Passport size photograph and mobile number are also required for this. It is necessary to link the mobile number with the Aadhar card.
How to apply online?
- First of all go to the official website of e-shram portal, eshram.gov.in.
- Click on Register on e-Shram option on the home page.
- After this, when the new page opens, fill the requested information.
- After filling the details, an OTP will come on the mobile number linked with the Aadhar card. enter the.
- Now the registration form appeared. Fill it out completely.
- Upload the documents asked for.
- After uploading the documents, check the form once whether the information you have filled is correct or not.
- Now submit the form.
- After the completion of the registration process, a 10-digit e-shram card will be issued.
FIRST PUBLISHED : August 07, 2022, 07:10 IST