The second generation Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 was sold between 2014 and 2020.
The Alto K10 AMT remains a good option for city use.
The prices of second hand Alto K10 start from around Rs.3.5 lakhs.
New Delhi. Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 was a popular car of the company. It was discontinued after the arrival of the S-Presso in 2020. Despite this, the Alto K10 was in great demand in the car market. However, this car is still in great demand in the used car market. It is one of the best car in the hatchback segment.
If you too are looking for a second hand Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, especially the automatic variant, then here are five things you should know about the small hatchback.
1. The second generation Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is a good option for the cities. The car gets a bigger cabin, the K10 also gets a different design than the Alto 800. This attracts a lot of people, who want to buy good cars at a low price.
2. The Alto K10 comes with features like piano black and silver accents, AUX, a music system with SB connectivity, adjustable ORVMs, a tachometer and front power windows. However, the Alto K10 lacks features on the security front. It only got a single driver-side airbag.
3. The 1.0-litre K-Series petrol engine is one of the efficient and reliable engines. It is known to give mileage of up to 24.07 kmpl. However, some instances of this engine are prone to misfire due to closed throttle body. Check if the engine misfires by checking for power drop while running.
4. The AMT variants of the Alto K10 are also reliable units, but some owners have complained about the gear shifting on its own. When you take a test drive, check for the transmission warning light on the instrument console or if it may be a problem with the vehicle. It may require an extensive repair which can be costly and time consuming.
5. Alto K10 continues to be a great choice in the second hand car market. Car owners can demand Rs 3.5 lakh for the model from 2014 onwards, while up to Rs 4 lakh for the AMT variant. Many Alto K10 owners tamper with the odometer and set it closer to 20,000 kms to show that it has gone too short.
FIRST PUBLISHED : July 31, 2022, 10:46 IST